One second ⏱
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
One Second! is a series of fast paced RPG battle where you have to make quick decisions and defeat your foes.
Once you are into a battle you can only act when the timer is blue (one second) and the red is the "AI" turn (not sure we can call this AI at that point haha).
You can only do one action per turn (attack or heal), same for the enemies.
This game was created for the Game Maker Toolkit (GMTK) Game Jam of 2019, the theme was "only one".
Edit: i just realized there is no way to "win" the game right now since it's just infinite battles.
Enjoy and feel free to send feedbacks my way so i can do better next time ❤
Play in your browser:
For some reason, the version on itch isn't working correctly but the one on github is: https://colinbellino.github.io/gmtk-2019/
Controls (see screenshot):
- Left click (on a character): Attack
- Right click (on a character): Heal
- Escape: Back to menu / exit
https://github.com/colinbellino/gmtk-2019 (some of the code is really bad and should not be considered best practice, at all!)
I recorded my screen during the whole process (except some design notes on pen & paper): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvIs4mDbE0
- Colin Bellino (email@example.com): programming, art, design
- SFRX (sound effects generator): http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html
- Unity (game engine): https://unity3d.com/
- Aseprite (pixel art): https://www.aseprite.org/
- Streamlabs (recording): https://streamlabs.com/
- Bosca Ceoil (music): https://boscaceoil.net/
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Made with||Bosca Ceoil, Unity, Aseprite|
|Tags||gmtk-2019, Game Maker's Toolkit Jam, Unity|
- Windows: Download and unzip "One Second.zip". Run "One Second.exe" :)
- Mac OS: Download and run "One Second.app".
- Browser: https://colinbellino.github.io/gmtk-2019/
- Time-lapseAug 06, 2019
- Linux buildAug 05, 2019
- And we are live!Aug 04, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.